90 Engine & Gearbox Change

Hi All

Thinking of Changing to 2.5 tdi Discovery Engine & Box is it big job & anything to look out for also is it a straight swap

Regards Skinty

Reply to
Skinty

Have a look here

Colin

Colin Reed

On or around Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:37:45 +0100, "Skinty" enlightened us thusly:

Exhaust manifold is the biggest gotcha, AIUI. You need a defender one or modify the bodywork...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have noticed that there is a seller on ebay who does the "conversion" pipe to fit between the Disco exhaust and the Defender system.

I must admit I've not tried it as I was lucky enough to get a 200TDi from a Defender and it was a very simple swap for me.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

On or around Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:20:52 +0100, puffernutter enlightened us thusly:

I thought the issue was that the turbo was in a different place, mounted higher up on the defender versions.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That's what I understood. The Defender turbo is higher, so you need a new/modified downpipe to marry the exhaust manifold to the system.

Have a look at ebay item 320273399226 "defender 90/110 discovery engine conversion down pipe"

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter