Instead of running the money box from Cornwall to Scotland, run it from Scotland to Cornwall and we can pass it on to each driver till it gets to you :)

Do you ever come up this to way Billing or the Eaast of England LRO show? Mind you, September is a bit far off isn't it.

I could bring it down when I come in July but the reason it's on my shed roof is because I didn't want to spoil the lines of my new 110... Or scratch it :)

Surely the combined weight of the rack and ladder would cost more than £20 to send? I've never sent anything bigger than a CD before!

Truth is, I don't know what it's worth anyway :(

Reply to
Tony Boom

Whereabouts? I'm in Crowland....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend, at the moment......) just taken delivery of new bodyshell and 3" lift kit....Oh dear......... Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I know you are, last time we spoke on this list you was about to buy that little silver 90 from Marshalls. Remember, the one my Son played in while I was buying my 110 exactly a year ago on the 27th this month.

I also recieve regular mail from your club, Peterborough 4X4, about Green laning days etc. Problem is with 8 kids I never get a lot of time when they're off school at weekends.

Reply to
Tony Boom

On or around Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:42:56 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

seriously, if yer not using the back door carrier, you can fit it to the bonnet.

the reinforcing plate inside fits neatly into a rectangular bit in the middle of the reinforcing under the bonnet.

you need 3 spacers about an inch-and-a-bit long - the wheel if left to sti down on the bonnet leaves that much of the "legs" sticking up, so you have to add spacers to get the nuts to hold it down.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Twas Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:04:14 +0000 when Tony Boom put finger to keyboard producing:

I bought a rack (the on my LR in the photo's) and it cost £10 to courier from, I think, Berkshire.

You could weight it and measure it and get a quote over the 'phone from a courier.

To be honest though you could sell it on ebay for £100 (seen two around that price there recently) and I can't afford that at the moment.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Just been perusing your site. Have you ever bred Siamese Fighters?

Reply to
Tony Boom

Twas Thu, 04 Mar 2004 07:41:34 +0000 when Austin Shackles put finger to keyboard producing:

so it clamps the wheel to the bonnet? that'd mean it would be fine as a step to the roof, ideal. Do you happen to have any photo's of it showing exactly how it goes/looks idiots guide etc?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I used to breed them by the 1,000's. I used to exchange them for food, plants and new fish with the local shops.

Before I had kids I had my middle bedroom lined with shelves full of half gallon maraschino cherry jars. The Ma & Pa-in-Law used to run a holiday camp in Kent so I got 100's of jars from the bar.

I had the room heated to 82 degrees f with a male in each jar and small breeding tanks. Water tanks in the garden for mosquito's and infusoria and also 6 artemia tanks in the fish room. Oh and I er, used to breed Guppies to feed them on as well.

Trouble is, me and the Misses started breeding and I needed the bedroom back for the nippers.

So if you need to know how it's done? :)

Reply to
Tony Boom

Twas Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:56:54 +0100 when Tony Boom put finger to keyboard producing:

No, they need seperating into individual tanks before they get to selling age (the males that is) and I don't have the space for that.

I know how it's done though if you need info on how..

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:37:27 +0100 when Tony Boom put finger to keyboard producing:

you fed them on Guppy? you heathen you... I loves them 'ickly guppy.... *sniff*

I've just closed down my main breding tanks as I don't have the time for it now with this photography thing now.

Though I still have 5 tanks running producing platty and guppy so I'll keep that going.

Always a pleasure to meet another fish man ;o) Do you still keep any fish? kids love them you know ;o) Want to buy any guppy?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yes, but only little baby ones.

No I have'nt, I have less room that you do.

When I start breeding Fighters again I'll let you know :)

Reply to
Tony Boom

On or around Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:23:36 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

it might be arranged.

Basically, you undo 2 biggish nuts on the "hoop", undo about 8 little nuts and screws around the plate, and pull it all off the door.

The big plate with the 3 legs on it goes through the bonnet (well, the legs do), Using the plate from the outside of the rear door as a template, drill lots of holes in the bonnet. fit 8 little bolts, and optionally the "hoop" bit - the latter doesn't alter how the wheel sits but does provide a handy handle for lifting the bonnet off, I find. Also, I guess you could put a cable lock through the hoop and a wheel nut hole so as to lock it on there, against casual thieves.

fitting the wheel, you remove all the nuts from the 3 legs, so that the wheel can drop down onto the bonnet. I use the 3 smaller nuts, but you could use the 3 wheel nuts, to secure the wheel, using 3 spacers as described.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It looks like I have been talked into getting a new 110, can some people say some positive things about the Defender 90, otherwise I might have trouble selling it.

Thank you everyone who replied.

Regards JJ

Reply to
JJ

us

But they bounce around like a kangaroo with a drawing pin in its foot. Or a porpoise in boiling water. I'm more of a LWB type of guy.

David

Reply to
David French

I love my 90, suits me down to the ground really :o)

I haven't got the hassle of a family to carry around, and it's great for parking in town because it's actually quite short!

I just prefer 90s, no doubt a 110 may become more practical down the line, but for now it's 90s all the way...

Martin

--

1988 90 Td5 NAS Replica
Martin Lewis

On or around Fri, 5 Mar 2004 22:54:56 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

you turn a nice simile there I has to admit.

but he was asking for favourable comments...

I mean, *personally* I think the Discoº (and the classic RR) rolls like a bastard on corners. Which doesn't stop it making ridiculously fast progress, but I prefer a flatter ride. The 110 doesn't roll anything like as much, but it does crash over sharp bumps a lot more; swings and roundabouts, innit, down to what you prefer.

º non-ACE, of course.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've noticed people say this before. My Disco with Old Man Emu suspension was very good on body roll (ie, it didn't much) even though it had a 2" lift, and that was even with a lot of weight up top. It also had anti-roll bars. In contrast, my mate's 110 rolls like a fishing trawler (to the extent that you have to hold your breath and wonder whether to take to the lifeboats), although that's probably down to his "enthusiastic" suspension and tyre setup.

My P38 rolls quite a bit, but it's hard to work out how to stiffen up those air springs, short of pumping them full of a less compressible gas :)

David

Reply to
David French

Try driving a Disco at the same time as having an XJ-S to run around in. You will scare yourself rotten with that one.

(For those who haven't been able to drive an XJ-S - the thing will take 90 degree corners at a hundred miles an hour with no perceivable body roll. Nive to drive, less nice to keep fuelled - average economy on the 3.6 straight six is 18MPG on a good run. The 6L V12 gets 6-8MPG)

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown