OT elecy in your shed, competition

Need to get some elecy in your shed, then why not Win a Ready Board!

"The Ready Board is approved to BS EN 60439-3:1991. It is a self contained power and light distribution unit and is ideal for safely electrifying any Garden Shed, Timber Building, Garage, Out Building or Loft."

go to

and answer a simpler question closes march 28th.

thanks wilco

Reply to
uncle.wilco

In message , uncle.wilco writes

I've already entered it so I can electrify my shed for the local ruffians. Mindyew, I prolly wouldn't complain too much if they opened it because the door's stuck.

Reply to
DinkiPixie

Pah, only three sockets. What use is that?

Reply to
Guy King

But you can stick some adaptors in to molish 6 or more

Reply to
Malc

On or around Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:50:21 GMT, Guy King enlightened us thusly:

's a handy-looking unit mind, for a small shed.

you could always plug a 4-way wossname into each of the 3 socketses.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In article , uncle.wilco writes

IRTA "safely electrifying any Garden Shed ... door"

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

In article , Austin Shackles writes

And a two-way adapter into each of those...

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

The message from "Paul C. Dickie" contains these words:

And a six-gang eggs tension from each socket....

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades

Don't forget of course for all your appliances without plugs, shove the bare wires into the socket hole, and 'secure' by pushing another plug on top. That way you can run 2 things off each socket.

Reply to
SimonJ

Only 2?

Hetta

Reply to
Henriette Kress

The message from "SimonJ" contains these words:

Best done with matchsticks, known as the Bryant and May plug.

Reply to
Guy King

Agreed. Double up "inside" the plug plus two extras wrapped round the plug "legs" plus bare wires in the holes.

Cigi.

Reply to
Cigi

The message from "SimonJ" contains these words:

'S OK to pwt two eclectic fires on the same one innit? Shwd I disconnect the cwker from the plug, cos I have the cwker and a rajant heaterer on this plug.....

The rest of the stuff - well, I don't bother wiv plugses much - I twists the wires together, pokes a screwdriver in the big slot at the top, pokes the wires into the live and neuter, then takes the screwdriver out. Much cheaperer - why, all those plugses means pints of beer innit.

BTW, it lwks a lot neaterer if you snips orft the yaller and green wires wot don't do anythink.

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message from Cigi contains these words:

Ah. Now we're torqueing.

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades

On or around Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:46:26 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades enlightened us thusly:

I've recently acquired plugs for about 1/3 the price of a pint of beer each.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The message from Austin Shackles contains these words:

Even much worserer then: thass expensiver than the plugules I ohl. Even less pints to the plunge.

BTW, I find matchsticks bork: nials are much betterer.

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades

Yoo gotta DOOR on yer shed? There's posh! We gotta door shaped hole... anna few planks held in fond embrace by a strip o' rust!

-- Kate XXXXXX Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons

on Kate's Pages and explore!

Reply to
Kate Dicey

On or around Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:11:40 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades enlightened us thusly:

I could've had 'em cheaper, but these ones are alleged to be tougher. The very-cheap ones tend to be fragile.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If you're cross posting to a non-shed based newsgroup, could you supply a translation?

We don't all speak rot13 here :)

Reply to
David French

The message from "David French" contains these words:

Wot, me guv? No ROTting there.

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades