Bored

I'm bored, and it's too cold, wet and dark to change my gearbox oil. Any suggestions?

David French

Read a book?

Reply to
Nikki

I've been housebound for three days. Strange things happening in my insides...

Online shopping? - yep, done that Spruce up website? - yep, had a go at that

Flick through Haynes manual? - yep, bored with that now Download Mailwasher and have a play? - yep, just waiting for some spam to arrive (!) Read work email - nowt of interest

Just encoding some more CD's to MP3 - only about 350 to go...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I'm going shopping. Bruce's birthday today and I'm going to buy some fillet steak as we need to use the last of the stilton up.

Reply to
Nikki

Pheasant perhaps?

Reply to
Nikki

Nope still in the freezer.

I seem to be running an 'open loop' digestive system at the moment. Your tales of fillet steak and stilton aren't helping much.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Maybe 10 days was a little too long to hang those Pheasants... :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

That'll teach you to drink EP90

Alex

Reply to
Alex

If you have a temperature, take a couple of paracetamol. From experience with Isaac when he had gastric flu, keeping his temperature down was essential to him keeping anything down for more than a few minutes. Also the if you can drink it dioralyte should help. There is an alternative that the nurse told me when Isaac was ill was to get some lemonade(not diet though), shake it until its flat, don't put it in the fridge, drink plenty of it and don't even attempt to eat for 24 hours. She also suggested adding some flavour like ribena, but not too much. When you do eat, not dairy products - a slice of dry toast and something like oxtail soup.

-- Nikki

1990 Discovery V8i 1985 Range Rover V8 1975 88" Series 3, 2.25 petrol 1979 Series 3 Lightweight, 2.25 petrol
Reply to
Nikki

Leave it in until the weather gets warmer or borrow a mates lock-up with a heater and do it.

Reply to
Exit

Take it for a brisk drive, then it'll be hot wet and darker.... or were you referring to the weather?

How about correcting labelling all your CD-Rs? Jon

Reply to
Jon

Has potential but after a few pages I started to drift off. So now I'm watching TV to keep me awake. Productive day!

Reply to
David French

OK - find me a little program for Windows that will spot the existence of a folder and automatically move the contents of said folder to another folder.

I'll have one written in an hour, but I'm sure I'm reinventing the wheel.

I bought Mandy a very cute little digicam for crimbo and have the USB cradle thing attached to my server in the corner of the living room. That has no monitor attached, so rather than training the Mrs to browse to network drives and take archive copies BEFORE fiddling I want to copy the files direct to her laptop AND to an inaccessible folder on the server.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

It always amazes me that people will pay good money to make a simple rehydration solution. Most houses generally tend to have salt, sugar and water anyway - some even have something to make it taste nicer, like blackcurrent cordial...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

A batch file maybe?

copy c:\very-cute-little-digicam-pics\*.* \\mandyslaptop\c\pics\ copy c:\very-cute-little-digicam-pics\*.* c:\secretdirectory\

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

There's a piece of software called Second Copy which aims to do more or less what you want.

I'm now making carrot soup, to try and use up the huge quantity of organic carrots we have in the fridge.

David French

Yup, but Windows is too dumb to take any notice of the autorun that I've put in the root of the memory card. I've tried shouting at it...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

It always amazes me that people will pay good money for frozen chips. We buy things called "potatoes" and cut them up with a knife, or more recently, a chipping thing.

And then there's soup. Why pay for the Covent Garden Soup Company stuff, which is quite nice, when you can make your own in 20 mins, and it's much nicer, and probably healthier? And don't get me started on the tins & packet soups...

David.

Reply to
David French

Use starterfile.exe

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Stand outside and look towards the South West - I'm about to test my new spotlights ;-)

Reply to
Mac