Bored

My son who's 10 know the number for the pizza delivery not the same but nice

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Messy eater?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Same selection criteria as I used then.

How do you manage to have 3000 CD's? I thought my collection was 'reasonable', but that is very good going. We were talking last night (during High Fidelity) about how I have stopped buying music. Once I left the uni crowd I kind of got out of the habit and seem to buy about 10 discs a year now. I used to do that every month, even on student grant money.

Perhaps my New Year resolution should be to subscribe to a couple of music mags and buy more music - try to kick start the habit again. I'd hate to be one of those parents who's still only listening to the music they had when they were 20 thirty years later. I've got two of those already!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I used to invite my parents out with me and my friends when we went out drinking. Handy when when you run out of money!

Reply to
Nikki

I'll have her cooking Christmas dinner by the time she's 12. I did, when MUm fell on some ice and fractured her wrists. I can still see her sitting on a chair in the kitchen drinking wine out of a bottle with a straw. This was so she didn't have to keep asking for people to fill up her glass. Good excuse. I've told her its wearing a bit thin after 20 years.

Reply to
Nikki

lol ;-) it's a start...

Reply to
David Sillitoe

No. I called him away from clearing up the workshop for our not so romantic dinner and he was covered in dust and wood shavings.

Reply to
Nikki

I still cannot walk past a 2nd hand music shop, or Virgin Megastore - expecially when they have a 'Sale' sign up. Most of my early collection came from music industry freebies (white labels). I probably ended up buying more CDs after trying Napster - as I'd find a band I liked then see one of their CDs on 'offer' in a shop... Examples of this are: Thievery Corporation, Kruder and Dorfmeister, Tosca and Dido (before Eminem sampled her in Stan).

MP3s are fine, but I do like the CDs too. Sad, I know, especially as they end up living in ally flightcases, probably never to be seen again.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

We were talking of exactly the same thing the other night... it's not that I don't want to buy cd's it's just that on a recent walk 'round HMV I felt like I was on another planet... so we keep on listening to Van Morrison, Nick Lowe, Jazz and Blues like we always did... what, me boring?

Reply to
David Sillitoe

|| Danielle at the age of 10 and a half can make herself and her Mum || and Dad a lovely cup of tea, as well as cook bacon and eggs for us. || || -- || Nikki ||

Yeah, but can you train them to get up at 3am when you get an attack of the post-drinking munchies? That's when bacon and eggs are best!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Nikki wrote: | ||||| Nikki, I don't believe this! It's Bruce's birthday, you've had a ||||| steak, you're on the second bottle of wine and it's half past ||||| eleven. And what are you doing? Sitting at the computer talking ||||| to us lot. Priorities, girl! ||||| |||| Waiting for him to get out the shower! ||| ||| Messy eater? ||| || No. I called him away from clearing up the workshop for our not so || romantic dinner and he was covered in dust and wood shavings. || --

Well, whatever floats your boat...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Black pudding?

Reply to
Nikki

Yeah landed here a week before Santa popped in, Hust in Time for our youngest to get it wrapped up. :-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

There's somebody around these parts who knows how often a well-known soup company ought to run their "clean-in-place" sterilisation equipment, and how often they actually do run it, and occasionally suggests you don't buy their chilled soups.

Not that I'm trying to influence you in any way, you understand.

Reply to
QrizB

Reply to
Nikki

Too much to drink -pressed send now before writing anything and I can't remember what it was so

Happy New Year anyway. The police have had to go to the house three doors away where they have the recovery trucks to tell them to stop letting off mortar bombs.

Reply to
Nikki