Bust LT230

Hi guys and girls, during heavy winching the other day I broke the transfer box on my 90 i.e. it will only drive with difflock in, there is no drive to rear as I can let the motor tick over in gear with hand brake on so am sure it is output to rear prop that is lost.

Do you know if this might be an easy repair? not knowing much about the ins n outs of the lt230 I thought i'd ask you lot before I splash out on a replacement.

Regards, Roy.

Reply to
LR90

prolly broken centre diff

Reply to
jOn

Check you half-shafts first - jack the back up so both wheels are off the ground - spinning one by hand, does the other turn in the opposite direction?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:32:28 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

if it'll idle in gear with the handbrake on, then it's most likely the centre diff, though...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Austin Shackles writes

Or a front axle component !

Drive flange, half shaft, cvj, diff.

Reply to
Marc Draper

In news:BXuyU$ snipped-for-privacy@mdeng.demon.co.uk, Marc Draper blithered:

Thought the problem was no rear drive!

Reply to
GbH

In message , GbH writes

Yes but this was demonstrated by the fact that it would tick over in gear with the hand brake on (no difflock) which points to a T.box or front drive train fault.

If the front axle is at fault you should see the front prop turning.

Reply to
Marc Draper