Derbyshire Laning

Ah I thought the expression on her face in photo 4 was a little "I don't want to be here". I hope it's not what the kids and other half have just had. Knock down, as in off to bed, within 6 hours of showing first mild symptoms, two days in bed hardly able to move, third day in bed simply worn out, slow recovery afterwards.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Everyone I know has been s**te this year. I am still not 100% & mines dragged on for weeks.

One final push with some whiskey tonight i think.

Reply to
Nige

Haha

She loves it really - she should have been in bed yesterday. She is a little better today, although that might be the drugs!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Looks like you all had a good day and no breakdowns which is a result! Be interesting to calculate the combined milage, this could be a new landrover world record ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The Hurt Arms at Ambergate is well placed for camping in the area to access the lanes....

Sorry I could not make it folks, Harry has been really ill, and then a close relative decided to pass away just before christmas. Had to have the police etc out as he dropped down in his house. Have spent the last few days rushing around trying to sort out all the cr*p that goes with a death.

Word of warning for you all:

You need an appointment to register a death. When we walked in we were asked if we were muslim, we did ask why that was important. In Peterborough, muslims can register on the same day so that cremation can happen in 24 hours, we have to wait and several slots are kept each day at the Crematorium for the muslims. Because of Xmas, it is going to be the 7th Jan before we can have the cremation!

You need a mnimum of 6 death certificates as none of the agencies such as DWP, HMRC will accept photocopies, and the Registry office charge you for each copy.

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Sorry to hear it mate. Hope Harry is getting better, and condolences on your loss.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Simon Isaacs wibbled

I think most kids have, ours were lucky enough to shake their bug off a week ago ish.

Condolences mate. We lost a step-father last christmas eve, mum's had a s**te crimble this year.

Hmm, on another day I might comment more, but lots to do ...

Yeah, we found that, seven 'proper' certs required altogether. You'd think that all these departments could cross-reference with each other and that for this search a photocopy should suffice. I mean, they only scan them in anyway ... I guess. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Simon, sorry to hear about your woes, condolances for your loss & at least Harry's on the mend.

I can't say as i'm surprised about the Muslim thing, pathetic isn't it?

Reply to
Nige

But they look on it as their last chance to screw money out of the deceased!!

Reply to
JacobH

On or around Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:20:38 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

I thought the raindrop one was quite artistic.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Next time, say you are muslim - i don't think that they can question your self declared religion.

I know for sure that if a police man asks you, i could say black male and they would have to accept it - even though i am clearly a white male. They are not allowed to question your answer.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I think I've just contracted that, into the third day now and SWMBO is a day behind me.

Mines accompanied by perpetual headachce, stomach cramps and the necessity to be no more than three or four seconds from a toilet.

Reply to
NM

How can you be into the third day of something you have just contracted? If you have just had the flu your brain won't be working properly... B-)

No serious botty problems here but certainly gripes and pains in the gut. The main diagnostic features of influenza are the rapid knock down (hours) into bed for a couple of days with bad muscle and joint pain, fever (mild to high), headache and gastric problems.

The common cold doesn't knock down particularly quickly, rarely puts otherwise fit and healthy people into bed, only has mild muscle/joint pain and doesn't have much affect on the gut.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ok, omit the word just, typing faster than thinking again. :-)

Sounds exactly like my version, especially the joint pain, up until yesterday morning I never really believed anyone could die of flu. It's the worse I have ever experienced, all the other times I thought I had flu I must have had a severe version of the common cold, as you detail below.

Thanks for the info, ironically I can't sleep now having been in bed for most of the last few days, hence posting at six in the morning.

Being an asthmatic I have an annual flu jab, this years obviously didn't work.

Reply to
NM

The D_Clan thoughts are with you all.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Sounds like the Christmas arse plan diet. Works wonders on the waistline.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Join GLASS and use Wayfinder