Wolf Wheels on Disco 1

There's some debate here in Hampton Roads Virginia as to whether or not there is a need to install spacers prior to putting Wolf XD steel wheels on a Disco 1. The only benefit I can see is to increase the track. Any other thoughts on the subject?

-- Jeffrey S Austin Chesapeake VA

Reply to
Jeffrey S Austin

Jeffrey S Austin uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I'd have thought Wolf wheels given there off set would not cause any problems fouling on the chassis at full articulation. It may afford a little more steering lock to be applied but going too far would be pushing the luck with the CV's, especially if your froadin.

The other disadvantage would be the potenial for tryes to foul the arches. I understand that this is a problem with larger tyres on the rear wings when articulating anyway so spacers would add to the amount of wing that required trimming.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

My plan is to put 7.5 x 16 tyres on the wheels. I would think that should reduce the chance of the tyres getting hung up on the fenders/wings. I'd rather not do any cutting to fit the tyres.

Reply to
Jeffrey S Austin

AIUI you'll be doing a bit of cutting (and/or a suspension lift) if you want to run that size tyre on any wheel.

Reply to
EMB

I'm installing LR XHD coils and Bilstein dampers. That will give me approximately a 2" lift prior to installing the ARB/10K winch.

Reply to
Jeffrey S Austin

Jeffrey:

I've never heard of any problems. Why else would "they" [Rovers North] sell them?

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Can you fit artillery wheels with metal rims on a series Landy?

No?! oh well never mind there is a limit to atavism after all, cart springs notwithstanding.

Reply to
Larry