Feelings (slightly OT) ...

Ever felt guilty selling your Landy?

"LONDON (Reuters) - Nearly half of motorists regularly talk to their cars, giving words of encouragement ahead of a long trip and lavishing praise for a job well done at journey's end, according to research on Monday.

A survey of 2,000 owners also found 40 percent thought their car had a personality and was capable of being upset whilst 19 percent worried about how their car was feeling."

I have definately know my Land Rover to sulk.

DaveP

Reply to
Dave P

I know how you feel - when there is one of those niggley naggley problems I am sure cars have a silent laugh at our pain of course there is a way to communicate back

Noo- Ebay get thee behind me

Reply to
Derek

Once she knew the 'name' of the voice I selected on the GPS my elderly mother started referring to the Rangie as 'Jane'. I thought it was just her but it rubs off and when the air suspension last did the usual collapse to 35mph mode I realised I had just addressed an inanimate object as

"JANE! YOU BITCH!"

Thankfully I was on my own.

nigelH

***
Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

When I checked mine from the bedroom window last night (as I always do!) my wife asked me if I wanted to go outside and give it a kiss good night!

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

On 21 Feb 2006 02:38:19 -0800, "Dave P" scribbled the following nonsense:

Gets worse when you have a 101 and it voices its displeasure at changing owners on the M1. Still bURRt seems to like me now. Has been stood for 6 weeks and started with first turn of the key today... Probably approves of his new insides!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

...and Matthew Maddock spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Tell her it's when you want to go outside and sleep in it she needs to worry.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:28:26 -0000, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

Actually, SWMBo wants to go sleep in burt soon, before we go to towcester.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

He never ever breaks down at home....

The defining moment was at about 10pm one night, on the way to Billing. On the A1 just north of Stamford, after 9 hours of gently cajoling him a bit at a time to Northampton he finally upped the ante by deciding the spit the starter motor. Almost as if to say "I don't mind going, but you'll have to f**king push me there".

Followed the RAC man all the way back home (a 90 minute drive back!) in the Disco then turned right round and drove to Billing, arriving at

5.30am.

The quote from Mrs H was classic

"You know it's bad when you've been driving 11 hours solid and you are still listening to Radio Sheffield".

Reply to
Tim Hobbs