FS: 101 GS

There's always the option of a "special" like in that photo on page 216 of the December LROI.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Would this be the modified 109 inch Series llA? Its certainly different.

Reply to
Nikki

Oh no! ... I've heard they are compatable but have a tendancy to leak.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Do you mind me asking how much is the asking price? I'm just keeping all my options open....

Reply to
Olly R

On or around Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:10:45 +0000, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

the LWB series ambis have a certain charm, and are big enough to make a small camper...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:58:44 +0000 (UTC), "Olly R" enlightened us thusly:

heh. I was offered it for about 750, dunno how bad the body etc is; it might be more of a rebuild project for someone.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There's a very nice one parked round on Grace Road near the cricket ground that Bruce looks at every time we take the dog for a walk down the canal.

Reply to
Nikki

There was one of the 'Judge Dread' 101s parked outside Brookwells last time we dropped by to collect some parts - great, big, muckle purple thing.

I thought it was OK(ish) but SWMBO? Wild horses couldn't drag her away from it - good job our drive would never get a 101 in there.

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

On or around Mon, 1 Dec 2003 06:04:06 -0000, "Graeme" enlightened us thusly:

they're reputed to be a sod to drive, too. Cambrian LR had one on their forecourt for a while, dunno what happened to it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

cheers

hmmm.

Olly R

Reply to
Olly R

On or around Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:15:59 +0000 (UTC), "Olly R" enlightened us thusly:

If the engine and box are in good, well-maintained condition and moderate mileage, then it's worth that much for those 2 alone - recon gearbox plus BW transfer box sets you back about 1100, and decent second hand engines go for anything up to 300 it seems.

however, you do find rusty MOT-fail RRs around cheaper than that for parts, though to be sure they're not mostly 4-speed autos.

Reply to
Austin Shackles