FS: 101 GS

101 Forward Control GS 80,000Km RHD New tilt Taxed (May 04) and Tested Overdrive fitted LPG tank installed - but vehicle not converted Otherwise very original and tidy - complete set of tools on front etc

Located Burton on Trent - UK Offers in the region of 3,000 ukp

For sellers contact details, please email me directly or call the 101 Club number: 0114 255 4 101

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

H'mmmm .....Now if only there were more tax exempt ones it would be so much less painful even suggesting....

Just scraped together the final coin for the club renewal fund ;-) tis in the post....out of interest how far through them do you reckon you are?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:34:32 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

shutupshutup. I've got to find the dosh for an engine for the 110.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

- are children safe at Land Rover events?=================================================================

Yeah... Tell Charlotte...

Good show - don't worry, the kids'll go a few days without food without too much long term damage...

Ah, well... If you include those I've done today...

...not many

none - to be exact :-)

I'm blaming having to learn M$ Access to re-write the database, although I know I should really have scrapped it and gone down the mysql / php route, but that's life...

Oh, I also blame Tim for not reminding me that I was going to barcode them for ease of data entry...

And I blame Max, because he ate them all...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I was at a place today talking to a potential customer about barcoding gearboxes (well, 2D coding them actually). And I got to thinking about barcoding 101's - just need to think of a reason why. It's strange that people seem to need a reason to stick a barcode on things, rather than just appreciating the inate beauty of them.

There's a good chance I will have a 2D dot-peen coder sitting on my desk shortly - anyone want barcoded chassis plates?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

When is the online club renewal system coming on-line? :-)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Theres one in that 101 GS ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:06:45 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, it'll not be the one I want, probably.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

do you think its an evolutionary thing - this desire to own a 101FC?

You start with a landy thinking its just another car - probably a late series 3 or early 90/110 due to work, hobby, horses, muddy dogs etc and then before you realise it you are hooked. Then you spend the next 2 years hankering after one of 2 things - a tricked up defender or disco or the exact opposite, a series 2 or even a series 1. You sell your first motor and spend all your cash on the new aquisition getting it exactly how you want it and you submerse yourself in all things landrover. Thats it, you`re totally addicted. Finally you start seeing these strange battleships at shows and then you develop a strange desire to own one. This then develops from desire to a "need" and eventually you take the plunge and get one. It then totally takes over your entire life and destroys your financial status, familly life, social life and your health.

And yes - I HAVE TO OWN ONE. I have a desperate need to buy one. I have nowhere to park it, I can`t afford the fuel or maintanence, the wife would divorce me, i wouldn`t be able to park it at work or anywhere in town and it would force me to sell the defender. BUT I STILL NEED ONE AND I DON`T KNOW WHY!!!

nick c

Reply to
Nick C

Having only picked up my 110 on Friday I am still at the early stages of this addiction, but I can feel it coming on all the same.

Reply to
Simon Barr

message news:...

Yes, started with an old Series 2 on a whim. Then the sports car gave way to a Discovery. Then I remembered those old ambulances I used to play with at REME and figured out that they were actually 101's and thus I really needed one.

Now it turns out I need a Range Rover ('cos the Disco is too shabby for work now) and also another Series vehicle. I also came very close to persuading Mandy to buy a Freebie.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I only drink... coffee

Reply to
David G. Bell

It gets worse, much worse.

Steve

62FL19 101GS AND 74GJ27 101ambi.
Reply to
Steve

Like when you build up to something like a 101, and then decide that you need another? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

in message news:...

And then you buy one and take it off-road! I sold mine after a weekend's off-road activity - it just spent all weekend with one or more wheels in the air going no-where. Maybe with half a ton in the back (it was already quite well loaded)...........

Yes, I know, it's heresey, but much as I loved it on-road, it was a damp sqaub off it, and thats what I've got Land Rovers for!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Drove a friends spare 101 to a show on a Sunday, was hooked, found one in the local free-ads on the Monday and bought it there and then. That was five years ago and I've still got it. The same friend recently persuaded me to buy his early 110 factory registered military demonstrator which has rendered me even poorer putting back it to original. You can never have enough toys no matter what the cost.

BTW was divorced 15 years ago, owning Land Rovers is unreasonable behaviour!!

Sean

73FL74 101gs 1984 110 2.5na
Sean Ryan

I think I have a defective spouse! She wouldn't even let me keep the Disco...

Reply to
David French

You too eh? Try "I'm fed up being a software engineer earning loads of dosh, as of Monday I'm going to sell Land Rover bits......" Worked a treat!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I'd like to do that!!. except that i'm not earning loads of dosh to start with! :( .

Reply to
Tom Woods

The Ambi is going to be my wifes new car. She can't get enough of our

101s. She spent the afternoon stripping the old paint off it (slowly)

Steve

Reply to
Steve