Galvanised Chassis 90 300tdi question.

A few of you must have fitted a 90" 300TDI chassis, who in your opinon makes the best ????? Would like to know what problems you have had, if any and what make you used. Thanks in anticipation Andy. P.S. Has anyone used the Britpart supplied chassis ???

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

Andy Sargeant

Richard's Chassis - well made, holes reamed out to correct diameter, excess galv cleaned well etc. Delivery pries reasonable for myself as well.

Nope. Ask them who makes them for them - doubt if they make them themselves.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

You could also contact Marsland, it used to be the case that they didn't advertise all the chassis due to contractual agreements with landrover - Marsland manufactured chassis under licence for landrover (they maybe still do, I don't know), so what you got was a genuine parts chassis that had been dipped. That's what my 110 has, a few holes needed reaming out, but otherwise a perfect fit. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I bought a second hand 300tdi chassis from a 1999 defender - IMO the steel used on the originals is thicker than many of the 3rd party manufacturers.

Colin

Reply to
ninety

ninety wrote: oops - should have trimmed that!

Reply to
ninety

On or around Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:31:56 +0100, ninety enlightened us thusly:

ISTR reading somewhere that LR chassis were 14 gauge, which is about 2mm.

Reply to
Austin Shackles