LRO drop a clanger

I grabbed a copy of LRO this week and dived into to the article about the new oil burner V8 Turbo looks impressive btw I mentioned it to a colleague but he hasn't recieved his subscription copy - when he phoned the LRO office told him it was because the V8 hasn't been officially announced and they printed the article before checking the embargo oooops. Wonder if I have a collectors item then Derek Disco 200Tdi

Reply to
Derek

sub issues were held back because of an embargo on info about the new v8

my issue arrived yesterday in the post, with a letter from the editorin chief apologising for the delay

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

|| I grabbed a copy of LRO this week and dived into to the article || about the new oil burner V8 Turbo looks impressive btw I mentioned || it to a colleague but he hasn't recieved his subscription copy - || when he phoned the LRO office told him it was because the V8 hasn't || been officially announced and they printed the article before || checking the embargo oooops. Wonder if I have a collectors item then || Derek || Disco 200Tdi

Got mine (subscription copy) yesterday, so the embargo can't be working very well..

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Me too!!

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Embargo ended a few days ago, but the subs copies didn't make it any quicker than the newsagents copies due to this.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

In news:5fHdg.2538$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net, Derek waffled on in a semi-interesting fashion, it went something like this;

Car Magazine have tested it this month as well.

Looks like it's a winner.

Reply to
Pete M

To be fair, Ford changed the timing of the release _after_ allowing access. So to my mind, it's their own tough luck. The blanket was s'posed to be lifted on the day before the subscriber copies were scheduled to be sent out IIRC. In the publishing world such windows are small - the copy needs to PPP (print, pack and post) within a tight timeframe or the next run will be disrupted for Smash Hits etc.

(Smash Hits being the original magazine that founded the group - no longer published - thank f...).

Reply to
Mother