in a good cause

Austin Shackles

Definitely a good cause but make sure that you are happy with how much the Justgiving site charges by way of deductions. You may be able to donate direct to Richard & Anthea so that they get the full benefit of your Gift Aid declaration.

JMTPW Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

On or around Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:47:27 +0100, Richard Savage enlightened us thusly:

gotta say, I just passed on the link. Part of the tandem trike is my work...

I guess it depends how much they take for admin. I don't see why anyone should work for nothing if they don't want to, but equally, they shouldn't take the piss either.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Morning Austin

No slur on your good character was intended. Just that we were nearly caught out on a similar website when a friend was doing a charity something. She was totally unaware of the skim taken by the site.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

On or around Mon, 08 Sep 2008 08:20:03 +0100, Richard Savage enlightened us thusly:

Aye, 's OK. I made my bti out of supplying the machine, after all, well part of it.

Might be worth a check on the site in general, see if they rake anything and if so whether 'tis reasonable.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:47:27 +0100, Richard Savage enlightened us thusly:

Just been looking at the justgiving site:

explains how much they take and how much the charity gets. Looks pretty fair to me.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

5% on the tax relieved amount seems fair to me too.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Tue, 09 Sep 2008 09:06:39 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

even after the vat and such, the charity still get a bonus above the actual donation.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Indeed it is. I just hoped that no one would get an unwanted surprise ;-)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

On or around Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:45:21 +0100, Richard Savage enlightened us thusly:

it was a good point to make - you tend to assume that such things are working for the good of the charities, and I daresay there are roolz, but they may allow quite a bit of leeway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles