Insurance problem

Just got my Zurich insurance documents through for the 1987. 90 showing it as a 2.5 diesel when it's a petrol. Phoned them up and they don't have such an engine in a 90, the first time it appears on their computer is in a 1990 Defender 90. We went through the, is it imported, is it a V8, has the engine been changed? To which the answers are no. Ended up with the underwriters saying to leave it on the system as a diesel but to make a note on file that it's really a petrol, and yes, I have got name rank and serial number. :-)

Anyone know of a site which gives all the historic Landrover engine/chassis combinations? Preferably with numbers made. I know a firm that needs that information.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

check LR VINs but I'm not sure how far back.

Reply to
Mungo

One of my friends has an imported 110CSW that, never mind his insurers, DVLA will not admit exists... This went on for ages until he asked "so...if it doesn't exist then I don't have to pay road tax on it, huh?" "OK they said, it exists...but not officially!"

C'Mon :-o

Ady

Reply to
ady