Morph Visits Hobbes.

Short trip around 30 miles but I still managed to get lost :-)

Went to pick up some bits from Cliff..anyway as ever the Camera was in hand.

Morphs also running better after some in trip tweaking

I'm remotivated again to get Morph tarted up.

Result

Thanks again Cliff.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

That really is a beautiful machine cliff own's, and the Morph certainly has great potential, I don't suppose you managed to secure any pics of the dashboard or the range in the back. Regards Dennis

PS: No one is gonna nick Cliffs motor with that massive PIR sensor on the top ;^) (000_0004.jpg)

"Lee_D"

Reply to
Otto Sump

Very...and Hobbes was good to ;-) Seriously Cliff and family have made a real good truck and I'm motivated yet again to burst into action...just need to get some exams out of the way now and I can get stuck in over the Autum/ Winter read for next spring :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

It's a cracking looking vehicle - every time I see something like this I get a burst of enthusiasm. After getting the MoT, having a look at Grumble yesterday and now seeing Hobbes I've spent a few hours today progressing the interior. Will Morph or Hobbes be at Billing?

Here's a question though...

If I convert to LPG, how practical / sensible / ludicrous is it to use the gas as a fuel source for the stove? Is it as simple as just teeing off and running a line with suitable isolator?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I've been looking inot this for about 18 months. Well, myself, Kevin, Hanno and a number of others...

No, sadly, is the answer.

HOWEVER!

Iwema are now making a refillable LPG tank designed for running stove, fridge or whatever - which is by far the better option.

I can, if tortured, import these at 'cost' for anyone who's interested (I'll let you have a copy of the receipt from Iwema so you know I'm not planning on putting a 5.2L in my GS out of the profits!)...

The cloggy from Iwema is a kindred spirit :-)

Reply to
Mother

Erm, a 5.2? What engine is this, and why bother. Why not put a 6.75 Twin Turbo v8 from a Roller into it and be done with it?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

OOOOOwwwweee no!! They are just soooo yesterday! ;-)

What you really want....

;-)

Lee

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

Sadly I think I'll be attending Billing in the Rangie and just for one day :-(

No seats still in the back of Morph and the Kids are true LR fans now...I had to prize them from a toylander at Eastnor.

Being realistic I think I'm going to be kitting Morph out during the Autumn/Winter . I've got an Exam now to study for which I really don't need but must get it out of the way.

But that does mean next yearI've clean run out of excuses :-)

Percy is still on Standby for new Carbs too. Ah well all good things come to those who wait as they say.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I may be interested in this...any rough ideas of cost?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I think it works out to about 150 quid + VAT and shipping

Now, I first thought this to be a complete rip-off, but when you figure that you can refill it easily whenever you want to, and at the cost of the LPG rather than replacing the whole bottle, I reckon I'd make back the cost of purchase in one season, and still be quids in as it happens :-)

The email from cloggie was:

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:42:07 +0100, "Lee_D"

enlightened us thusly:

did once have an 86" series I with a 2.4 Jaguar in it. it was fast and lethal, as it had standard SI brakes...

anyone seen it? used to be JTX267 I think.

it went to another nutter locally, but then I lost track of it.

nowadays, it'd be reasonably easy to uprate it to a safe level of braking, by putting it on IIA axles with a frond disc conversion.

I recall it'd show 60 on the clock in 2nd, with very little provocation.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:46:57 +0100, "Lee_D"

enlightened us thusly:

might be doing the same, unless some tuits for kitting out the back of the

110 with a bed turn up pronto. 'course, I could attempt to dig out the tent [ex-army 2-man bivouac, so called because it takes 2 men to carry the sod].

but then again, have to see if there's any cash left - just ordered new wing (inner and outer) and bumper... 'bout 200 quid, which the insurance will pay eventually, but I have to pay for now.

and it still really needs rocker shafts...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I went down the Stage 1 axles route, got the 3.56 diffs, rear sailsubry and

3 inch brakes all in the deal. On the swb those brakes are viscous. :-)

Would certainly recommend them to anyone doing similar.

Most places I go in Percy I go on tickover, cars can be overtaken using the choke ;-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I had to remove Isaacs finger's one by one, after the third go on them, from the steering wheel. To say he wasn't a very happy chap would be an understatement. He is also very difficult to remove from the Series 3 when he gets in it. Is there a 101 Toylander by the way?

I've been waiting for 6 years for a house with a kitchen that's finally finished, hasn't got car parts in the corner, a bathroom upstairs - removed sometime in the last two years and just hasn't got round to replacing anything in it because its all at the back of the shed:-(

Reply to
Nikki

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 13:27:56 +0100, Nikki made me spill my meths by writing:

Our Lass found a solution, we're moving to a bigger house and putting a big shed at the end of the garden for me :)

If I'm a good boy I get a set of keys for the new house as well.

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Ah, we're currently doing the reverse...

Need a big shed with loads of land. Even better if it has a house attached :-)

Reply to
Mother

We have no garden left:-( He built his workshop on it.

Sounds like the sort of place Bruce would like. He always said we could live in a mobile home until he built or renovated a house.

Bruce has a very large shed as it is, he also has a workshop, and a large storage room, which used to be a shop underneath the flat his Dad lives in. He has even used the rusty old Mercedes Van that he can't bear to part with as a shed. It's mouldy, rusty, has had no MOT since 1998, and until recently has been stuck in the front garden. But, it did start first time and only the clutch was jammed, which he managed to free. Its now rotting away in the back garden instead - as a wood store.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Sun, 06 Jul 2003 13:27:56 +0100, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

verily, I suspect that Bruce is Sheddi.

Reply to
Austin Shackles