Nudge Bars / Bull Bars

Nudge Bars / Bull Bars, Are they still legal? Do insurance dislike them as pedestrian mashers?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

My understanding is that many insurance companies do not like them, some do not like roll cages either.

I think that they are certainly far from a necessity on most japanese designer 4x4's

As far as fitting one to my series 3 goes I don't think it would make it any less safe, as the front end is not exactly pedestrian friendly anyway, not that I have any necessity or desire to fit anything like that at the moment.

Reply to
Larry

The one thing they are good for on a S111 is to stop the pedestrian from damaging the plastic grille! And if anyone is daft enough to not notice an exessivley loud slow moving brick shaped thing, then to be honest they are a definite candidate for the darwin awards!!

if anyone is interested. The number oftimes I have been close to getting a mention.....)

Reply to
Detrious

Still legal - but they are not allowed to be fitted at the factory!

I'm not sure the insurers ever had any real problem with them (if they were told they had been fitted) - after all, they just look at trivial things like the figures rather than read the papers for their data..

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

The nudge bar or the pedestrian? ; )

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

I saw a good sticker on the front of a 4WD in Aus recently "don't ban bull bars - ban stupid pedestrians"

Paul

Reply to
PM

Tell them you want to fit one and it'll be a sharp intake of breath. Tell them it was fitted when you bought the vehicle and they'll not bat an eyelid.

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed