OT and nicked from elsewhere

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does your Gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

What do you call male ballerinas?

Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream??

If Wile E. Coyote from the Road Runner had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Is Disney World the only people trap operated by a mouse?

Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Stop singing and read on.

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a haemorrhoid when it's on the outside of your ars3 ?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?

well they made me laugh :D

Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

No it doesn't. People think it does but all it does is wind up lift engineers who have to change worn out buttons!!.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

Dom> Dom J

I also read somewhere that the "door close" button in most elevators isn't wired to anything, it's just there to make control freaks feel better.

AndyC

--

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Andy Cunningham aka AndyC the WB | andy -at- cunningham.me.uk | +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |
- Everything you wanted to know || about the P38A Range Rover but were afraid to ask. |+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+"And everything we want to get/We download from the InternetAll we hear is/Internet Ga-Ga/Cyberspace Goo-goo" -- from "Radio Ga Ga"/"We will rock you"

Apparently people tend to feel uncomfortable undressing in front of somebody else, even if they are OK being naked in front of them. It's the same with photography, and in some cases, nudist camps - people will tend to get undressed in private. I have absolutely no idea why.

Reply to
David French

I should get your freezer fixed, mine's got a light..............

Reply to
Denis F

in article c0i2o7$17f3sf$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-160280.news.uni-berlin.de, David French at snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote on 13/2/04 8:43 am:

Is this something you have read or something you have experienced?;-)

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Denis F at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote on 13/2/04 10:20 am:

I think it depends on the freezer you have. Our old chest freezer had a light but the upright one I have now doesn't.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Well, both actually :) Although I've yet to go to a nudist camp...

Reply to
David French

On or around Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:52:30 +0000, Nikki Cluley enlightened us thusly:

both our chest freezers have lights, neither of 'em work.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

in article c0ibij$16ic25$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-160280.news.uni-berlin.de, David French at snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote on 13/2/04 11:14 am:

You could have lied about the nudist camp!

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles at snipped-for-privacy@ddol-las.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 13/2/04 1:13 pm:

Ours did when we had a chest freezer. It broke when I fell in it trying to reach a packet of frozen pastry that had fallen out one of the baskets.

The kids thought it was really funny.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

I have a vision of a pair of women's legs sticking out of a freezer with a broken chest for some reason ! :D

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Hey, what are you saying about Nikki's chest?

Reply to
David French

Nothing I am sure its fine Its just she said ........It broke when I fell in it !!!! LOL :D

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

That's because it *is*!

I really must stop checking my newsgroups while eating - chocolate stains are so unbecoming, dont you know ...

Reply to
QrizB

The door close button on all my lifts is wired to something.......the door close contactor!!!!.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

|| "Mike Jones Super Hero" wrote in || message news:c0gc11$175sfk$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-205360.news.uni-berlin.de... ||| Why does your Gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed ||| if they are going to look up there anyway? || || Apparently people tend to feel uncomfortable undressing in front of || somebody else, even if they are OK being naked in front of them. || It's the same with photography, and in some cases, nudist camps - || people will tend to get undressed in private. I have absolutely no || idea why.

I reckon it's because nakedness isn't sexual per se - there are quite a few situations where people can be naked or nearly so in front of strangers (doctor's, pool, beach, artists' models, fashion shoots) without regarding the situation as a sexual one. Whereas getting undressed in front of someone else is almost always a prelude to something intimate. For some reason we feel vulnerable.

People prance around at a public swimming pool in next to nothing, a few skimpy bits of lycra/nylon/cotton barely hiding their naughty bits, but the changing rooms themselves are segregated and often under quite high security.

Yep, it's a puzzle.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| ||| I think it depends on the freezer you have. Our old chest freezer ||| had a light but the upright one I have now doesn't. || || both our chest freezers have lights, neither of 'em work. ||

The thing that's always bugged me is - if you have a fridge light that goes out when you shut the door, how do you know the switch is working?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Take all the stuff out, remove the shelves, climb in, shut the door.

Or use a webcam.

Reply to
David French

I've even been on beaches (not in the UK, of course) where people will sunbathe all day in a costume, then take it off to shower right in the middle of the beach. So why bother with the costume?! Sunburn?

Right then, who's up for a naked green laning trip? I vote no brambles or stinging nettles.

Reply to
David French