Posh Ted - Contact / Mailing List

or a drunk pussy*?

(DO NOT GOOGLE IMAGES WITH THAT TERM!!!)

Reply to
Mother

In Cambridge???

Bussing them in?

(A certain 24 year old will no doubt thump the living daylights out of me for saying that...)

Ah, exclusive eh? Don't want anyone getting in. I know the score - drink all the bubbly y'self eh???

I could bring him, although without copious amounts of serious Class A drugs, I'll be in bed by midnight I'm afraid.

Crumbs, things were never that decadent at Oxford :-(

I do feel somewhat honorbound, being a good mate of Tim's, a chum, 101 buddy an all, to go help him in this... Tim? (I can beg, you know?).

PLEASE?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:49:32 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

You might not make 'em work with only one eye. Took 2 to take 'em, they're one through each eye... Surprising how much difference there is. and some daft git said once that binocular vision is only relevant for depth perception up to about 6 ft, which I reckon is bollox.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 10 Jun 2004 00:02:04 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

spoilsport.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've dabbled a bit -- two slides in sequence, shifting balance from one foot to the other. That can give a wider spacing, and exaggerate the depth, while making it visible at a greater distance. But what I also found was that _edges_ showed at a distance, and you could end up with an impression of flat cardboard cut-outs.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Ah..good idea ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

On or around Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:32:35 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

all I did was to take a picture, note where the framing was lined up with the world, and then shift the camera to the other eye and attempt to take the same picture.

If you can get the 2 images to coalesce (I can do it much easier cross-eyed) then they do produce a freaky 3-d effect.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Depth perception is just that; perception. You do not see anything in

3D, nor do you have binocular vision. You see two independent, upside down images. Your brain will then interpret these two independent, upside down images into something you can use, which is (generally, although not always) 3D :-)
Reply to
Mother

Twas Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:34:08 +0000 (UTC) when "Simon Isaacs" put finger to keyboard producing:

Send her to me for 3 hours and I'll either educare her or I'll be dead ;o)

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

never mind 3 hours, you'll be dead within 3 minutes, that I can guarantee!!

Typical northern bird....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

Twas Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:30:44 +0000 (UTC) when "Simon Isaacs" put finger to keyboard producing:

Northern you say?

why do you think I moved to Cornwall.....

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Lack of stamina ?

Steve (Married to migratory southern bird)

Reply to
Steve

Twas Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:13:17 +0100 when Steve put finger to keyboard producing:

desire to survive ;o)

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.