Range Rover Radio Codes again

I recently purchased a 92 Classic RR (love it) and I am trying to get this radio/cassette/cd unit going. When I turn on the power I get a read out on the radio tha just says "CODE" So, I drove on up to the RR dealer here in Scottsdale and they looked up the code for me and gave me a 5 digit number (do I recall they are suppose to be 4 digit #)? Anyway, they said just punch in those numbers and I'd be good. Problem is, no matter what I press it still just get "CODE' on the display a few beeps here and there and no numbers or dashes reading on the display. I tried diconnecting the battery and trying with no avail. Is there a procedure to get numbers to show on this? I believe it is the original stereo, but not totally sure. Any help would be grand.

best,

joe myers

Reply to
joe myers

In article , joe myers writes

I have been told (but I've never tried it) that a day or two in a deep freeze will aid its forgetting. Don't know if this really works or is just urban myth.

If you do try it , put it in a sealed plastic bag first and don't open it afterwards until it's been at room temp for 1/2 hour at least. This'll stop condensation damaging anything, especially the cassette mechanism.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig