Re: Bit Quiet here in'it..Am I the only one not to have gone?

and

buying a VAT-free bottle of whisky from Oddbins

Was it foggy this morning then ;-)

Lee D..who sadly was up for work at 5.40 am :-(

Reply to
Lee_D

Hope it's not terminal.... perhaps the oxygen bottles were used for the engine and not the occupants...h'mmmm

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Yup...did that engine sell???? Sis's 2.6 is using some oil was the one you had any better?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Interesting..... I could think of a few things on the wish list but I don't think the bank balance would be too responsive.

What toys did you get??? (I figure by the time you read this you'll be back....otherwise somethings gone wrong )

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Terminal ???? Are you mad.... Nothing is terminal with them (except the compulsary oil leaks..) No the problem was traced to the fact a wire from the coil had chafed onto the pulley wheel and was shorting. Thus not all the voltage was getting through causing a power drop. Done it now and she's (Matilda) is back to full speed (80mph and rising...)

Brev

101 ambie (Matilda)
Reply to
Brevit

Hi all

Yes he is mad

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy
Reply to

Morph still runing on Bar grips and standard ratio 55 - 60 is comfortable any thing else is caining it. Any quicker and I'd have to fit a flip top lid for the bits to fly out.

Lee

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hathisterminalscoat.freeserve.co.uk (Lee_D) growled:

Yes, it sold. It sat at UKP2 until yesterday when it suddenly went up via a series of bidders to a massive ... UKP46. Shrug, we just wanted rid of it and it seemed a shame to scrap it.

The roo bars went for UKP2.

As to how good it is I've really no idea beyond the fact that it started OK from cold and ran. We only drove it back and forth in the guy's car park. We were so worried (rightly as it turned out - see the pics on the web site) about the chassis that we paid (58.75 it sez 'ere) to have it recovered to our house on the back of a lorry.

It had done 78K miles if the odometer is to be believed so it should have been OK, although if I was going to use it I'd have reconditioned it first unless I was needing to swap in a hurry.

Reply to
Paul Oldham

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:06:14 +0100, "Lee_D"

spilled forth with the follow words of wisdom:

Woose...I had to be at work at 05:00!!

Was rather chilly at 04:00 when I went and got the bike out to ride to work

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan Allen

You're damn right he is! What's he putting in the petrol? Or did you drop off at Nene and pick up that 4.2 on the way...

Good to meet you at the show - I think we had a pretty colourful line up going there. I've just got home and Mandy hasn't made it yet - she got stuck behind a nasty accident on the A1 so despite having the Discovery will arrive an hour after me.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

A scrubbing brush, 20 minutes and someone to wipe the tears from your eyes...

Alternatively, you could try cellulose thinners, but this is officially a bad idea and you shouldn't do it. I never have. Honest.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Where we you camped? We were hoping you'd drop by and say hello. Looks like the legendary Pimms bottle is safe for yet another trip...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

The reason I went back for the credit card etc, was that he nearly bought another Discovery.

Reply to
Nikki

Over near gate 15. So was I. Just never got a chance. I saw you from a distance, and we decided to walk up that way on Sunday afternoon,but as we did Jessica tripped over Isaac, bashed her face on Isaac's head and broke her tooth right across the middle of it, so ended up taking the injured ones back to the caravan. We didn't leave until really late though as we'd heard about the accident on the A1.

Reply to
Nikki