Re: landrover safer than you think!

in article HVHac.503$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-win.server.ntli.net, Murphwiz at snipped-for-privacy@TAKEMEOUTTOOhotmail.comREMOVEMESPAMMERZ wrote on 31/3/04 11:49 pm:

> [...]

Our Disco failed the last MOT because one of the front doors was a sod to open - Bruce sorted it there and then and the guy passed it.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Speaking of safe landrovers, Oban Coastguard team did a recent crash test on their 110

Thankfully, all were OK, and it has also cured the slight leak from the passender door seal.

Detrious

Twas Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:43:03 +0100 when Detrious put finger to keyboard producing:

interesting exhaust modification there.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

It is for when they launch what is left of the boat, stops the water getting in...

Detrious

What actually happened to cause that 'unusual' parking position of both vehicle and boat?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Naylor

AFAIK, and I have been chatting about this to one of the H&S guys at HMCG, there can sometimes be a 'wobble' depending on side winds, and this can cause a jack-knife, resulting in the need for new tyres, rear wing, exhaust, and trousers. This might not have been the case here though, I really don't know the facts

Detrious

Twas Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:14:35 +0100 when Detrious put finger to keyboard producing:

It looks like a jack-knife and spin to me. new trousers all-round

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:18:07 +0100, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

that's how I read it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Are you shure this was not the Oban Distillery Team ???

Peetr R.

Reply to
Peter R.

It wouldn't take them long just to take the back windows out of mine, there is not that much left holding them in.

I have a large metal tool container in the back (courtesy of B&Q,) with a padlock for anything obviosly nickable because you can open the back door with a screwdriver like you say.

There is always the Mr Bean solution of padlocking the doors :)

Reply to
Larry

So actually I could just buy a *rear* door handle? I assume internals are the same?

BTW, I also assume I'll be breaking numerous little plastic things taking the door trim off? Where can I order them from (over the web as I'm in France)

Cheers, G

Reply to
Gromit

Twas Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:15:45 +0200 when "Gromit" put finger to keyboard producing:

can you not re-attach the old handle, connect it to the mechanism minus the lock?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Machine mart also sell some nice locking toolboxes. Ive bolted one of them down in my back tub. I make sure i chuck everything in it. I dont generally bother locking the doors anymore. No point with a ragtop on. I think one of my projects for the next month or 2 will be to install some sort of heavy duty transfer lever lock that wedges it in neutral.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thanks everyone, so you can disregard what I said.

... as per usual.

Cheers

Blippie

-- Visit the alt.aviation.safety FAQ online at

Blippie

Nope, unfortunately not. Handle is in bits but somehow still clinging to the door.

Gromit