Re: whats gone wrong 2, The Landie Strikes Back....

I forgot to say that the speedo packed up whilst playing on Saterday. I

> have checked the cable connection on the back of the speedo but I am not > sure where the other end goes. I suspect it is somewhere on the back of the > engine/front of gearbox, if it is ,is it accesable from the cab by taking up > the transmission tunnel? > > Thanks in advance. > > Rory

Yup, theres a narrow part between the flywheel and the gearbox IIRC there is a plate with 3 tiny cheesehead screws and a little plate, the cable is pushed into this hole and held with these. You should be able to get at it through lifting the centre panel of the seatbox.

The screws are a pig to put back in once out, and the whole job is a bit of a fiddle, if yours is anything like mine, you will be working in a recess, through a 1/2 inch thick layer of black compacted oily goo.

Having a magnet handy might be advisable i recon.

Hope that helps Dan

Reply to
Spozza

Between back of gearbox and hand brake back plate you mean don't you.

Reply to
Smurf

Actually between the handbrake backing plate and the transfer case - ohterwise this is correct.

The problem is probably a damaged or broken cable, but another possibility is that the output flange on the back of the transfer case is loose - the speedo drive gear is just clamped behind this - if the cable is OK take off the front of the rear prop shaft and make sure the nut is tight. JD

Reply to
John