Re: Whats "Top posting"

I doubt if you would know what a clue was if it bit you on your posterior!!.

Reply to
Signman

Signman

Your'e one of those "join in johnnies" are you not? Have to join in to feel like one of the boy's. Life's lonely for you otherwise isn't it Pete?

Reply to
Signman

That' cutting and pasting is very naughty. Are you sure your not Lee's brother?

Reply to
Signman

Mother"

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

Get the catch net Martyn...

Glasses, you forgot the thick glasses.

Reply to
wayne

Reply to
Signman

Yes there are rules for the smooth running of usenet, since before the WWW was even a twinkle in it's dad's eyes, see:

Danny

Good point indeed, why is he here? The guy is obviously a troll and it is probably a wasted effort on my behalf showing him the following quoting style link:

He won't read or abide by any of it and is therefore kill filed.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull
1) Why am I "obviously" a troll? What off-topic posts have I made? 2) I own and run three Land Rovers so that might be a little clue as to why I am here. 3) from your own link and wrong, I read it.

This document is a description of the traditionally accepted "quoting style" in Usenet newsgroup postings. Please do not consider this to be a "regulatory" document ("Thou shalt do it this way because we say so!"), but rather as an "advocacy" document ("A lot of people think this is a good way to do it, and here's why.").

4) Why the *imprortant* announcement about your killfile.....Oh I forgot, better hung a sheep than a man eh?

Reply to
Signman

Err,NO. There are no RULES!!! There does exist a TRADITION. Well not everyone HAS to be a traditionalist.

Reply to
Signman

It's a lot more than traditionalism. It's to do with interspersing your comments in a readable fashion in the post you are replying to, and snipping text that isn't relevent to your reply so that servers the world over aren't forced to keep copies of duplicated text, which adds up to gigabytes of wasted space.

You have to actually try to be awkward, since most newsreaders either default to, or have the option to bottom post correctly.

Reply to
Danny

Well at least you read what you write :)

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Glad to have been able to help.

Reply to
EMB

I find it helps in making the words appear in the right place as I type Don't you:-)

Reply to
Signman

Reply to
Signman

In news:deoagn$io9$ snipped-for-privacy@lust.ihug.co.nz, EMB typed: | Karen Gallagher wrote: | || || Ah, that's better, it's a neat little program. Shame I had to RTFM || to get it to work :) | | Glad to have been able to help. | | | -- | EMB

Now if we can only persuade Signman to follow suit, we'll all be happy :)

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

Glad you gotsorted Karen. As for me......Nah :-)

Reply to
Signman

I'm off for a week in the Cook Islands - so I can ignore usenet and life in general. I'm hopeful that a few of the unenlightened will have woken up by the time I return. Until then I hope everyone here has a grat time.

Reply to
EMB

But you words don't appear in the right place!

Reply to
Niamh Holding