Replacement Alarm Keyfobs - Early Discovery

Can't remember if this has been dealth with (been a very long week).

I ordered a couple of replacement alarm keyfobs for Charlottes Disco on Wednesday, 82 quid inc postage from: Remote Key - 0121 353 7563. They have a site at:

They arrived by Special Delivery yesterday, reprogramming took a massive 93 seconds (yes, I timed it).

Credit where it's due, they were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

I can honestly say that this is about the only thing to have gone right this week...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Twas Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:20:18 +0000 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

But isn't it a real pleasure when something does go right?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Just received my keyfob from them today - I'll fit it tomorrow (bonnet up switch this, switch that, stand on your head whilst singing land of my fathers) what were they thinking of to programme them !

LOL :-)

Reply to
StaffBull

Yeah - at first sight it does seem odd, but if you get it clear in your head first it's pretty simple (don't try this with a hangover). Essentially you have three on-off sequences.

Ignition - on off Driver door lock - on off Bonnet swith - release Ignition - on off

I asked my Office Manager to hold the bonet switch down until I was ready - she was not immediately ammused :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Reply to
StaffBull

Does this also apply to Defenders ....they have no central locking? What happens after last ignition on/off?

Reply to
Aubrey

erm...

In the case of the discovery or Rangie, the final ignition on/off sets the alarm module into program mode. you then press and hold the button on the new keyfob untill the alarm LED flashes. If you're only programming the one, you're now finished, if you have a second keyfob, simply press the button on that after the first has been done. Simplicity itself.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Office Manager!!! You shoulsd be ashamed of such frivolities Martyn, anfd I thought you were a serious pooter tech :0)

`Mark

Reply to
Mark

How on earth am I to find anything otherwise???

Nah, that's Hobbs ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother