Replacement bulb for disco

I need to replace a bulb on my 300tdi discovery 1. It is a tiny bulb fitted into a green holder and plugged into the rear window wiper switch (to illuminate the switch). Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks Davy M.

Reply to
David Murray

Just about any decent motor factor will sell them by the bucket load ~ they ain't nothing special :-)

Reply to
SteveG

...unless they've got "Landrover" stamped on 'em somewhere, in which case they're like hens teeth and will cost as much as a failing high street bank. ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

They're a little bit special, I don't think my motor factor sells grain of wheat bulbs. And you've got to make sure they're the 6mm long ones,

8mm ones interfere with the switch. Oh and getting the rubber coloured cover off is often a pig without destroying it, most coloured ones are 8mm. And you've got to do the fiddly wiring bit to replace the bulb in the green holder.

Or I think Craddocks sell them.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

You can buy them at our local parts emporium/chav centre complete with=20 the holder ... =A31.99p for 10 :-)

Never leave home without them ... or fuses, or exterior light bulbs, or=20 =2E............

--=20 Regards

Steve G

Reply to
SteveG