Revenue weight - problem at MOT time

That pretty much sums up everything that the Government touches - and it's getting worse by the day.

Reply to
Dougal

Yes this is what I think, tough as pointed out 4wd is apparently not mentioned in the tester's manual

My 101 came in at about 1800kg, much the same as the hardtop 110 and less than a discovery I think. Mind I made sure it was clean, no spare and little fuel just in case.

The MOT station wouldn't believe either were dual purpose without the letter from DVLA and also required the weight ticket, overall probably cheaper to go for the class 7 test.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

I bet if you rang them again a spoke to someone else youd get completely different answers off them.

I've seen so many different VOSA answers to the same question that i've given up with them too. Its also good when they refer you to someone else who then refers you back to where you started!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Quite, my thinking is take it to, preferably a VOSA, weigh bridge, in "light weight mode" and get the damn thing weighed. Get an official record of the weight and wave that about. Always assuming it's the right side of correct of course. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I just dug out a page from the 2002 MOT testing guide, section A page

6:

"Dual purpose vehicles

3, A Dual purpose vehicle is one that

is constructed or adapted for the carriage of both passenger(s) and goods or burden of any description; and

has an unladen weight (ULW) not exceeding 2,040 kg; and

which either:

a. Is so constructed or adapted so that the driving power of the engine, is, or by the use of the appropriate controls can be, transmitted to all the wheels of the vehicle; or

b. satisfies the following conditions as to construction:

(i) is permanently fitted with a rigid roof, with or without a sliding panel......".

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Not if it is not constructed so that the

" driving power of the engine, is, or by the use of the appropriate controls can be, transmitted to all the wheels of the vehicle"

Which I believe all LR products can be.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

A sheep in wolf's clothing?

AJH

Reply to
AJH

On or around Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:36:28 +0100, AJH enlightened us thusly:

so ragtop series doesn't qualify, unless it's got seats?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Not quite - there are the "Special Order" 2x4 series motors that the utilities used to run.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:53:29 +0100, AJH enlightened us thusly:

ah, right, misread it.

there are one or two 2-WD only LRs about. Series I i think.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Paul's reply made me realise there are quite a few of the 6 wheel variants that don't qualify.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

And some Series II - the Belgian Police had a batch.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd