series 2 wings

hiya

im looking for the front panel for series 2 wings,

can anyone tell me where i can find a supplier for them.

or, maybe someones got a pair ( just the front panel, the bit where the lights on a series 3 goes) theyd like to sell me.

cheers

andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

It's part of the inner wing, I'm not aware of anyone selling them separatly. Certainly I had to get one of mine repaired, as the entire inner wing was prohibitivly expensive.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I tried to find one of these a few years back and it was impossible. Eventually made our own out of an old door skin from a Ser 3 - the curve in the alloy almost matches the shape of the headlight surround bit of the wing and the plate just bolts and rivets on - ours look OK but it would be far better if you were a decent metalworker

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

Mmm. Unfortunatly, if you use original door skins they're birmabright, which is far harder to beat into shape. The chappie I took my front panel to practically had to jump up and down on it to straighten it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Paddocks do the ones for the Series 3 (I know 'cause I bought a pair by mistake). They're about £20 each, I think. You could call them and see if they do the ones for the Series 2, or failing that, get a Series 3 pair and fill in the hole for the head light.

- Andrew

PS. I'd offer to sell you mine, since I have no use for them but postage from Ireland would make it a bit uneconomical :-)

Reply to
Andrew