Series 3 buying advice (again)

Hi all, I'm off to look at an 83 SWB Petrol Station Wagon.

He's owned it 4 years and it had a new chassis before he bought it, is there any problems it this can cause?

Also how I check if its an original CSW (its got the correct windows) and does it matter.

Its all original spec. full test 70k no O/D or unleaded head but FWH,I only wanted to spend a grand but if it stacks up does it sound worth £1400?

Phil

Reply to
Bulldog

You'll be buying a heap of trouble, be prepared to do some work, there is no such thing as a perfect bargain series 3 (perhaps I should have listend to advice)

I only wanted to spend a max of £1500, but spent £2000 and there is a fair amount of welding to be done for the long term, though I have decided I'm not really that bothered about the underfloor ventillation.

It was not until I really got going with a hammer and a screwdriver that I found out all the tricks you can get up to with filler and putty.

However I am glad I did make the purchase in the end, because she is what I wanted, a scruffy land rover, no-one self respecting thief is going to look twice at, and for which I am not going to care about the odd bit of parking damage.

Reply to
Larry

larry

your posts always make me breathe easy over the pile of scrap ive bought. have to keep reminding myself that its all part of teh deal!

now wheres that lump hammer again. . .

teddave

74 s3d swb
Reply to
teddave

Well tonight just proves the case, why does it have to wait till after dark to give me a problem ?

Reply to
Larry