Series: Anti Burst style doors / standard

I'm slowly getting the cosmetic bits done on Percy and have a door stashed away somewhere (currently 7 miles away under a pile of tat) which is the antiburst type where the lock peeps through a hole in the door pannel.

Can I fit my standard Locks to this door as a stop gap I'd like to fit the door when sprayed but would like to hang fire on purchasing new locks just yet to keep the costs down as we approach the festive spending drive.

I could get away with just purchasing one other new door then for the drivers side ( to be antiburst type) and then fit anti burst locks when I get chance.

Anyone ??

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

JD

Reply to
JD

Cheers JD, this is just the type of reply I was hoping for... does the keyhole clear the standard series door pannel ok?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Me I have the old style latches on the front and the anti burst locks on the back. Whatever was available. I am not even going to paint my doors to match, I like it the way it is.

Reply to
Larry

I have to say I way of the same opinion until I saw a crash involving a vehicle with pre-antiburst latches. The first things to fly open were the doors leaving the poor old passengers very unerable in the roll that followed.

That said I've not run out and purchased anti-burst locks but will be getting them during the pending upgrade to straight doors, hell I'f I'm going to paint him he's going to be straight...even if it only lasts as far as the nearest greenlane.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I know about the door problem. Until it was adjusted my door had a habit of flying open without much provocation

Reply to
Larry

No, the anti burst lock needs an additional hole in the door panel for the key barrel. As the donor vehicle that supplied my doors already had antiburst locks, this was not a problem for me, so I missed that point in my reply. (The LH lock on the donor vehicle was worn out so I replaced it with a new older type one I had on hand - I have now bought a new anti burst one, but have yet to fit it.) JD

Reply to
JD

No your right... I asked the wrong question... I confuse myself so what chance does anyone else have ;-) . I want to temporarily fit the origional series locks to the antiburst doors until I get the new antiburst locks.... having eyed up Percy next to Morph today they should fit. Hope that clarifies any confusion :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Well, in that case you will have exactly what I have - and it works fine. Only catch I found was the bolts holding on the anti burst lock have bigger heads than the ones on the old style, and are a rather tight fit. JD

Reply to
JD