strong recommendation of garage near royston / cambridge

hi, I've just paid 100 quid for someone to steam-clean, remove surface rust, paint the front bumper and rear x-member with black 2-pack and waxoyl blooming everything.. Felt like a bargain to me.

and I got a coffee when I went to pick it up, and because they hadnt quite finished when I got there I got to test drive a very cheeky little lotus elise..

cambridge car centre bodyshop, 01223 870 022.

please can nobody tell me I've paid 3 times the going rate, I'm right chuffed at the moment, looking out the window at my beautiful landie.

mike

Reply to
mike t

Is this a disguised advert?

If they've done a good job I'd say you got a bargain. I spent most of the weekend removing my towbar and stripping rust/muck off the rear crossmember so I can paint and waxoyl it.

The time and the money I've spent on POR15 and waxoyl probably adds up to lots more than £100.

Reply to
Simon Barr

nope, absolutely not. I'm a real customer with an invoice to show for it.

Hence the post. Of course, the real problem is going to be convincing the Mrs that I reely, reely need an elise. So what if we've got a mortgage to pay?

Reply to
mike t

Nah, what you want is a Caterham Superlight R.

I was driven around Silverstone a couple of years ago as a passenger in one and it pissed all over the elises. Can't say for sure that the elise drivers were trying but the guy driving the Caterham was.

It's the closest I've come to bike type acceleration in a car, incredible.

Reply to
Simon Barr