TD4 Starting problem _maybe_ or was it me?

Ok this morning I started TD4 drove about 1 mile & filled the tank from about a needles width above the red zone. Drove back home and parked the car in the drive. 15 mins later went to start the car .......it turned over but wouldn't fire. Tried a few times with 10 min breaks and just the same. Tried again with foot to the floor (which I think may have been a mistake) and again no joy. At this stage I released the petrol cap and refitted the same.

I have Gren Flag with Home Cover so called them out. They turned up about 1 hour later and asked for a description of the problem. I said 'I'll show you'' ..... turned the key and (you've guessed it) hey presto it just fired up. They (Green Flag) recommended I book into L/Rover for a check. However, it has been all right all day ..... hasn't missed a beat, starts as usual and tick over rock steady.

So what's the opinion of the experts here?

Reply to
Richard

Crud from bottom of tank picked up and passed through system? Pick-up pipe got air in it, now bled through? Land Rover gremlins having a bit of a laugh at your expense?

If it's OK now, I wouldn't worry about it until next time.

DaveP

Reply to
Dave P

Have you put petrol into the tank rather than Diesel?

Reply to
Julian

I'll go with that advice ........ 'it' has remained been spot on.

Richard

Reply to
Richard