tyre pressures

What pressure should I run my tyres at for off road use? They are 31x10.5r15 mud tyres (wildcat something or other!) The vehicle is a V8 90.

Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

...and Richard spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

You should be able to go down to 16psi without problems. Many go down as far as 12 if it's really slick, but at that pressure you do risk twisting them off the rims in extreme situations.

That's assuming tubeless radials. Tubed, I'd be worried about ripping out the valves at anything lower than 16.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Richard Brookman uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Can of lighter fluid and a lighter to blow them back on the rim. I've never tried it myself but saw it on a documenatry on one of the Discovery channels. Very impressive.... youth just needs to draw on his eyebrows each morning now after the shave.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

...and Lee_D spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

That's OK for tubeless - saw the programme and was mightily impressed. Tubed tyres with no valves wouldn't work tho.

Reply to
Richard Brookman