Tyre tart

Thinking ahead, and for the odd shows I'll be attending with Morph what do folk use to tart up the tyres and get that bulled black look? Given the size of the tyres I don't want to have to experiment. I've used paint on Tyre black in the past but I think thats a bit OTT for morph. Just a nice mat black rather than overspray olive drab would suffice.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I've polished land rover tyres with boot polish before now (mutter mutter army mutter). makes them nice and black but don't let the kids near-em in their nice white summer clothes, the wife'll kill you for that one.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

It works well and brings up a decent shine but does tend to rub off a bit.

Reply to
EMB

At the bus depot we brushed ordinary synthetic black paint on bus tyres thinned down so much with white spirit it was almost the consistency of water, because of the overthinning it lost it's gloss and dried to a nice clean matt black finish.

On small car tyres an effective way of cleaning and bringing back the black look it to scrub the tyre in cellulose thinners this tends to remove the dirty grey look and restores the colour, well almost ;)

However you can buy ready made tyre black.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

How about tyre black? It's what the trade uses....

151 Tyre Black - 400ml Aerosol £1.49 inc VAT Simoniz Tyre Black - Aerosol - bugger, just deleted the price! £2.20 I think>

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd