v8 SU carbs - fitting diagram/pics

I'm trying to fit some SU's to the 101 (finally! Ta Lee!), but i cant seem to work out how the accelerator linkage connects properly. I have linked the carbs, but am now trying to link the cables to the carb.

Can anybody point me to or provide a diagram or some decent piccys.

I've got a bit that looks like tit repaces the current pivotty accelerator bit that goes through a hole in the manifold but cant seem to get it in a position when i can connect both the accelerator cable and the carb to it!

Reply to
Tom Woods

What ? Only one ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Got my attention too :-) the diagrams should be amongst this lot......................................

Derek

:)

I've got a cracking pair of SU's...

Reply to
Tom Woods

wot came with SU's on from the factory then? (so i can work out where to look?)

Reply to
Tom Woods

this is a better link

does that help Tom? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek wrote: ee/est/varia/downloads/cars.htm

ta derek, didnt see that bit!

the diagram on page 9 looks like a goodun - though the linkages in that look bugger all like the bits Lee has given me!!

its part 26 on that diagram and back to the cable im having trouble with. The one in that pic looks kinda like the stromberg one that came off - which is nowt like the SU one im trying to fit!

Lee - have you mixed some jag bits up with this lot to confuse me? ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Its a ubiquitous bit of kit is the HIF44 / HIF6 as well as the landys it seems to be on most BHell cars of the period ( with occasional extra bits)SD1,montego,maestro,metro's,hot mini's, MGB, and I think some of the later 8 series Rovers so theres likely to be plenty of spares about - me I always had problems finding somebody who had the right needles and jets ( Rimmers do now ) on the odd few I played with.(1360 mini, MGB) might just be you have linkages off an SD1? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Ive got the right needles (tis why im fitting them over the strombergs!)

The dodgy geezer i got them off said they fitted on the 101! ;)

Are the parts for the LR linkage still available? could get them from beamends if so. can anybody tell me where i might find the parts book for the RR su carbs?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Failing beamends Have a look on the Rimmers site they seem to have a lot of kit mind you if someones not flogging it on fleabay I'll show my .. maybe not. Derek

Reply to
Derek

I think ive worked it out now! my linkages are not the RR ones. maybe off an SD1?

This is what they look like:

current connection to the throttle clevis is a bit dodgy but i think i can refine that with a bit of welding!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Hi Tom, Ive got Su's on my V8 Hybrid, so if your around sheffield and want to have a look at mine, let me know.

also Chatsworth motor spares, used to have all this stuff in stock, but not sure if they are still around? :-(

Gary xx

Reply to
Gary

Where abouts in the world are you Tom? I'm near Huntingdon, and have got SUs on my 101 (bought it that way) and you would be welcome to have a crawl over it.

I'll try and take some pictures otherwise, but probably not going to get time till Monday.

MW

Reply to
mike whiskey

Tom have a look at this lot makes me fancy a V8 again

SU's are near the bottom but not very detailed.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Dude!

I've been away a couple of days, sorry to prolong your agony ;-)

They are most likely Sd1 as the lunps I had were both SD1 and it's probably that Morph went with the bit still on him that you need. On your picture the shaft that goes through the manifold was replaced and the throttle cable fastened which would have been just off the bottom of your picture. Look see if you have owt like that... otherwise it's still on Morph or on Percy.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

no worries!. S'not like i can move the truck at the mo since there's other stuff doing on it too!

You did give me the shaft, and i've now worked out how to fit it! Its getting lightly reworked tommorrow with the grinder and welder to make it work a bit better, but test fit using a cable tie gave me 90% throttle movement :)

I've managed to make the choke linkage fit properly too :).

Just got to work out how to fit the choke cable to it, and get my fuel lines extended so that they fit, and jobs a goodun :)

Think it was an sd1 - have found a pic of what it used to look like!

Reply to
Tom Woods