What to buy?

Twas Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:01:23 +0000 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

How many seats in a Rangie? kids and dogs remember....

I've heard about Sir Warren (whaddya mean not yet?)

Thanks for the pointer, If it comes to a Rangie I'd happily buy from him on reputation alone.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Twas Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:10:46 +0000 when Tim Hobbs put finger to keyboard producing:

Well remembered, Cornwall.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Twas Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:52:33 +0000 when Austin Shackles put finger to keyboard producing:

I've seen a few tdi's, mostly 3 door but some 5's. their quality worried me due to the low price.

An early 110 would suit me fine but I could get by with a 90 and trade-up in 2 years time.. I'm driving a peugeot 405 estate at the moment so as long as I get more seats room than that I'd be farly happy, not ideal but happy. My milage is around 12000 mostly 'A' roads and rough tracks (Dartmoor etc), I have a strong preferance for diesels and I think I'll stick by that one.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Twas Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:07:36 +0000 when Nikki put finger to keyboard producing:

stupid question mode: do 3 door discos have 7 seats? if one doesn't how hard/much to fit the 2 in the back?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Twas Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:37:05 +0000 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

what could be problematic on a high milage disco?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Oh yes. And a very nice job he's made of it too.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I don't know if all do, but ours has.

The two 'fold ups' in the back are next to useless unless you have kids I guess, however I'm not overly happy with the idea of side on seating at the best of times.

7 people and a dog make for a very intimate journey - especially for those in the back :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:27:44 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

gearbox output shaft.

and on old ones, floor corrosion. enough to make it an MOT fail and a scrapper, since the work required to replace the floor is more than it's worth.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:22:26 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

if the gearbox is etiher OK or has been replaced/sported, and the floor is not rusted out...

mileage on a TDi, especially if there's some evidence of maintenance, isa not a major hassle, they last for ages if looked after.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It might end up fetching 8 grand (dafter stuff has happened) but at the moment it is within range, including the train fare to London and the diesel back again...

Looks good at first glance though.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Or

you, like me, find that TinyURL tries to put some nasty cookie on yourmachine and won't work if you don't accept it. D

Reply to
David French

Twas Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:20:54 +0000 when Tim Hobbs put finger to keyboard producing:

Thanks, I'd already seen that. There is a station wagon in Plymouth in the paper, that's only about an hour from me, once the money clears I'll go look at it.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

On or around Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:01:22 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

FWIW, you don't need the category bit on a URL for ebay; the item no. is sufficient.

dunno about cookies, nastiness of. I've got mozilla here, set to accept only cookies which get sent back to the originating server (or some such). Not tried tinyURL with no cookies, I have to admit. May be worth asking them what the cookie is for?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Or drunk people.

Reply to
JJ

I have seen boot seat for smaller members of the family in the RR, but they'll have to be pretty small and not mind travelling backwards.

As for the seat across the back, we replaced the seatbelts in the RR and have two harness type ones in the centre for the two youngest, and can get all four in along the back. Ours are 10, 9, 7 and 6. The boot remains relatively free of anything apart for basic tool kits.

If you're after a diesel, I think you'll find the alot of Range Rovers will be V8's. but you will get alot of car for the money, and maybe one with LPG

- which will reduce your boot space if the tank is fitted in there.

Reply to
Nikki

The rear seat are definately for the smaller members of the family. I have only ever been in the back once and and that was enough. I haven't been travel sick for years and was for the first time after a couple of miles.

Reply to
Nikki

Twas Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:41:54 +0000 when Nikki put finger to keyboard producing:

Thanks Nikki, I think I'll rule out a range rover, much as I'd love a V8 the running costs will be too great and LPG will sacrifice much needed space.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

On or around Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:24:35 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

you ought to get a VM turbo for that sort of money, I'd have thought. The VM ain;t a bad engine, provided as with most engines it's been looked after. Overall, it's better than the LR 2.5 turbo, pre-TDi.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Then again mine has transported 7 adults, including a couple of sizeable powerlifters, plus luggage in the footwells and in the boot. On one such occasion I had a 120 kg chap in the back - shortly after that I had new rear shocks fitted...

YMMV

Reply to
Tim Hobbs