Yet more misinformed crap.

I hope that Tony will give you a tearful farewell !!

Reply to
Dougal

Ridiculous isn't it, in fact if there's a good reason to leave the UK it's to get away from the whining ranters!

At least you seem to have an actual properly thought-through reason to leave, rather than some airy-fairy notion that there's no crime or injustice overseas. The only worry I have for you is that you'll move and then you'll see the mass emigration of whining ranters to follow you, then you'll have to move back to get away from them ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I have to admit to having the same concerns - that and the assumption that just because you are British you want to be friends with someone else just 'cos they are British and live in a foreign country too - when you would probably avoid them in the UK! I have a friend who has had a house over there for 14 years, he met a group of Brits in his local town recently (by chance in a cafe) they said they had never seen him before and asked if he was new - they were quite put out when he said he'd been there for 14 years, and that he hadn't joined their 'little brit group'.

To that end, we deliberately picked a place that doesn't have many brits living in it (yet!) - tho it is getting harder and harder to not walk down any street in France and not hear an English voice. Don't get me wrong, we don't want to cut all contact with the English speaking world, but we're not moving over there to eat fish & chips if you know what I mean!

Matt (Bollocks - leaving date moved back to Friday now to sort car issues out :-( )

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I absolutely agree 100%, even when you work hard to retirement, struggled to pay your mortgage, took a private pension out, only to loose this if you are unfortunate enough to go into an old peoples home in later life.

Seems the best idea is, not to work, get into huge debt and get it written off, spend all your dole etc., then get everything free off the state as lots of people are seem to be doing, ............ and more on they way soon!

Brian (Huddersfield)

Reply to
Horse.trader

Indeed, you start your new life overseas and get besieged by ex-brits who live in a gated community in a foreign country as opposed to a sinkhole estate in Britain, and just want to moan about the old country and how foreigners were always coming there, forming their own enclaves, not learning the local language etc, all this moaning done in english down at the local manufactured brit-pub, reading british newspapers.. I've never figured that lot out.

So you mean France is filling up with immigrants who walk down the streets talking foreign languages like English and opening ethnic restaurants? Oh my! ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

When we went into the bank recently (in the UK) the guy we were speaking to told us about his boss who went to buy a house in Spain and came back saying they didn't want it because there weren't enough English people in the area!!

Ethnic restaurants? nah, it hasn't got that bad yet! Well, I did see one Indian restaurant once, but only one and it was in a big city! Actually, seriously the take-aways are something we are both going to miss!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

When I meant ethnic restaurants I meant British theme pubs, places selling British cooked breakfasts etc etc, I'm sure there's a few in some areas.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Thats if there is anything left of your pension after Gordon Brown has robbed the fund his pension is safe btw because we are the daft sods going to pay it. Derek

Reply to
Derek