08 Focus

I've got a Focus hire car. Any hints on opening the bonnet ! It's run out of washer water. Thanks Andy.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Unless the Mk2 is different from the earlier cars, swivel the Ford badge to reveal a keyhole. Turn the key one way to release the bonnet safety, then turn it the other way whilst lifting the bonnet.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks Chris. Easy when you know !

Reply to
Andy Cap

there is an illustration of this feat on the driver's end of the dashboard, visible every time you open the driver's door.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

LOL. Well I failed that I-Spy test spectacularly. Fortunately the accident, that resulted in the hire was not due to MY eyesight.

Cheers Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Yes, its the big flappy thing on the front of the car as you look out of the window.

Reply to
James R

I am always amazed that Insurance Companies do not insist on an eye test for drivers every year. I have asked many and they say that is not important! Eyesight and reflex tests should be a requirement. That would get shut of half the women drivers and old men from the roads who get cheap insurance but cause most accidents.

Reply to
James R

I'm not sure eyesight is such a big factor in the majority of accidents. I suspect the most common causes are taking risks and carelessness. If we *really* drove as suggested in the Highway Code, they would be virtually eliminated, even for those with sub-standard sight.

Neither was it really a factor in my little shunt, where an old guy on the inside lane on a dual-carriageway, joining a large roundabout, thought the outside car was going to go but then didn't. Consequently, he drove out into my path, leaving me nowhere to go. It's written off my '98 Rover 200 and I'll let you guess what I got for it ?

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Given they get lower premiums & the insurance companies are in possesion of the numbers they obviously think you're wrong. Banning 18-22 year old males would make more difference.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Just where you'd not bother looking for it :-) I don't think I've ever seen anything other than tyre pressures on that end of the dash, or the end of the door.

Reply to
Mike P

I wasn't going to mention it, but when I looked this morning, the notice wasn't there. Not that I'd have seen it.

Reply to
Andy Cap

I think it was only on the Mark 1's.

Chris