1992 Fiesta Seat belt frayed.

My passenger side front seatbelt is fraying meaning it won't pass an MOT and I need to do something about it as soon as possible.

Firstly, I have little knowledge of car parts, Do I have to replace the whole seatbelt mechanism, clips and all, or can you just replace the belt? Where do I get a replacement and what exactly do I need to ask for? Is it an easy enough job to do myself?

Reply to
thekendall_1

Just replace the belt. Go to your local scrappies and tell them you need a passenger side seatbelt reel. It'll come with everything. All there is holding the seatbelt in are three 17mm bolts, one on the reel, another on the swivel part on the B post and another on the end of the strap on the inner sill/floor or it may share a bolt with the reel.

Reply to
Conor

Ever the optimist Guy?

Reply to
Malc

Does it have a pretensioner, hence possibly a small charge that could be dangerous if mishandled ??

Reply to
Hirsty's

no the pretensioner came out on the 94' model year, anyway the fault is on the belt not the pretensioner(buckle)

Reply to
ford_technical_

Check that the buckles are the same or you'll have to get a stork as well.

Reply to
Fred

Or even a stalk as a stork is going to be a pig to get sitting still.

:-p

Reply to
Conor