2000 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Having a run on problem which I was hoping someone could tell me the cause of. For example when I stop at traffic lights or a road junction the rev counter sits at 2000 revs for a few seconds before dropping down to normal tickover of around 950 to 1000revs. Anyone got and idea what could be causing this? Many thanks.

Alex

Reply to
JAT

It's behaving normally. HTH.

Reply to
gazzafield

How can it be normal. I've had the car from new and it never did this before. When I took my foot off the gas the revs dropped to their normal level immediately without the second or two gap. Someone said that the oxygen sensor may need cleaning. Anyone know where it is?

Reply to
JAT

You could go to an awful lot of expense for something that is not really a problem. BTW, please do not top post. Are you new to this?

Reply to
gazzafield

Idle hangup is quite common on fords, and as yours virtually immediately drops to slow idle upon stopping we can be sure both the brake switch and the VSS are ok.

So, I would check for inlet air leaks, clean the throttle body, and check the TPS voltage at throttle closed.

Your lambda sensor will not be the problem I can assure you.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..