306 Turbo Diesel - water leak?

Just a quick question! I was doing a lot of very short journeys yesterday (which was very humid) and on one occasion when I returned to the car it had discharged an amount of water. When I looked it appeared to be coming from a hose that came out of the body work nearest the passenger compartment (if that make sense)

Any ideas, the water level seems fine otherwise

Tony

Reply to
Tony

You have air-conditioning? If so it's just the evaporator unit defrosting [like the water you get from defrosting the fridge].

Reply to
PJML

Not quite - it's the water that condenses on the cooling elements from the atmosphere. It shouldn't actually freeze at all, as this lowers the efficiency of your aircon, but just run off as it condenses. In hotter and more humid environments (as was yesterday) you'll get more of it.

Reply to
James Dore

Thank you very much, that has put my mind at ease...

Reply to
Tony

Many thanks James..

Reply to