Biting Point Whistle

I have a Rover 214 SEi (N-reg 1995). When I am pulling away in first gear and I get the biting point, the gearbox/clutch squeaks. Sometimes does it in second gear, but not always, and never in third or fourth.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers Paul, Wakefield

Reply to
Paul

this is usually the damper in the middle of the clutch plate squeaking as it moves slightly, it may last years or fail suddenly. the harder you use it the sooner it will fail completely.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for that. Is this a big and/or expensive job?

Cheers Paul, Wakefield

Reply to
Paul

It is just the cost of a new clutch and fitting, total about 220 pounds

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for that - I think I'll put up with it til it goes. Cheers! Paul

Reply to
Paul