Citroen AX 1100 K reg wiring

Exactly, some professionals make bodges, some amateurs make bodges. The difference is, you tend to take a little more care if it is your own vehicle you are working on.

Reply to
SimonJ

That's only if your building a complete new car, not doing everyday DIY work on an existing car.

Reply to
SimonJ

Design and build a car yourself or build a kit car and it has to go for a SVA test.

Reply to
Conor

Actually from what I've seen, people tend to be more likely to "take a shortcut" on their own cars.

Reply to
Conor

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Some kit cars. Some self-built cars.

That's rather a long way from "all DIY on cars", though - even YOU have to admit that.

Reply to
Adrian

With the exception of most that contribute to this n/g. :-) How many DIYers really know what they are doing when working on their cars? Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Yeah. Re-reading it, I realise I missed the "on" bit.

My bad.

Reply to
Conor

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No worries.

Even so, SVA doesn't really test for build quality - it's far more of a check of compliance with C&U.

Reply to
Adrian

Because I do a lot of miles a year and this conversion even in my little car which I trip to work and back in everyday. Will still save me =A3750 pounds a year. Which is the price of a nice holiday for me. :-)

Reply to
david.cawkwell