Clutch Pedal MOT failure?

Hi,

I posted to the group a week or to ago about the clutch pedal on my Alfa 146 being a little reluctant to return to return to it's up position, instead prefering to stay down. I'm in the process of getting it sorted (garages don't seem to be able to make up their mind quite what's wrong with it at the mo) and for the time being I've had to resort to the extremly pikey and temporary aproach of using an elastic band to aid the pedal to come back up. Other than that the clutch works fine.

To my question. My MOT is looming. Would this be a potential failure?

Reply to
Delgardo

The car must be driveable in case the tester wants to take it for a road test to check on a problem. Wheel Bearings would be such an example. If you can still drive your car and the clutch does not interfere then I cannot see why there would be a problem. The clutch itself is not tested in the MOT.

Reply to
gazzafield

I've had to resort to the extremly pikey and

Squirt a good spray of maintenance fluid or WD40 up into the pedal box pivots. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Thanks for the replies .Yup, it's perfectly drivable so hopefully it won't be a problem. Tried giving the pivots a good blast with 3-in-1. Worked for a while but not for long. People I've spoken to seem to suggest a hydrolic leak in either the slave or master (not that I can spot one).

Reply to
Delgardo