Daft question about Escorts

As opposed to it's usual performance of a dog with three legs :-)

Reply to
Rob

Maybe - the 1.6 Escort is only just quicker along Crail's quarter mile strip than our Ka.

Reply to
DervMan

On 01-Jul-04 20:13:28, DervMan said

Okay, does that imply a high rate of revs?

I had a look at some local secondhand car dealers yesterday, There were a couple of Escorts there, both 1.6 zetec. I understood from the guy that they are all injected, that can't be right can it?

Also, there seems to be no way of determining the engine side short of looking at the label under the bonnet. :-/

This will be a car related thing I'm guessing? :)

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

message

No no, it's difficult to describe (disclaimer: sunburnt, up at 04:00, it's late, tired).

Yes, all 1.6 Zetec engines are fuel injected.

Or the badge on the back, or the V5...?

Hehehe, no, sorry, wireless networking for the Amiga - our household is as wireless as we can get it!

Reply to
DervMan

On 04-Jul-04 20:41:50, DervMan said

Fair enough. :)

Blimey, and still the performance is poor? I guess its relative, 'cos I used to think my 1.6 mk 4 was quite nippy with just the twin choke webber.

I haven't seen anything that describes the engine size, ie 1.6 or 1.8, just C or LX etc..... and of course 16v.

Darn, and I thought mine was high tech with a scsi CD-R fitted to it last week. :)

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

But "fuel injected" doesn't mean "high performance." It means "restricted with emissions" perhaps. As for performance, "poor" is relative - it's no slingshot, that's for sure, and a humble (fuel injected, heheh!) Ka can cause some upset and discomfort until around 50 mph on the quarter mile strip, writing from experience. :)

Yes - it's the 16v badge that should help. Of course, it won't always be there.

SCSI rocks, man!

Reply to
DervMan

crikey I had a scsi cd-r on mine years ago, a 4x plextor just before I sold it

Reply to
Jon

Hi Peop's

I know of a dog with three legs called frank!

...wait for it!!!

Reply to
Steve Sweet

The message from "Steve Sweet" contains these words:

I can't wait - what's the other one called?

Reply to
Guy King