Escort Cabriolet

Hi all, sorry if this post seems a little off topic but this group seems to have a lot of knowledge and experience... I've just become the nearly proud owner of a '91 escort cabriolet but not the owner of the owners guide/handbook that uncle Henry would have originally provided. I've worked out how to start the engine after stuffing the strange, oblong gizmo in the hole on the dash. I've also managed to get the roof down to pose along the motorway (at which point it hammered down but that's another story ). However, there's a couple of things I'm not too sure of (read "totally ignorant").

1/ Whats the knob in the boot for? - it looks like an old style choke knob and the cable disappears off towards the back seat somewhere. 2/ The immobiliser has a flashing red light that goes out once I've stuck the oblong thingy in. When I start the engine a red light comes on for a few seconds on the clock - are they related?

Thanks for any help

frisket

Reply to
frisket

Come on! Someone bite :)

Reply to
Max Hamlet

Not to mention the knob behind the steering wheel!

Reply to
frank

I'm asking about MY car not YOURS ;-)

Reply to
frisket

Sorry about that, I just coudn't resist :o)

Reply to
frank

Either a seat release (for folding the rear seats down) or if you've got a remote release fuel flap it's the manual workaround if the remote cable breaks.

Reply to
PM

I don't think he would appreciate anyone biting that, although it describes what is probably using the driving seat.

Reply to
klf