Fiat code.

I have a Fiat that when I bought it I was given a code which it says is to be used when unable to start the car and dire warnings not to lose it. What is the point of this code and when does it get used?

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

It's basically a 'key code' for your immobiliser.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

So is this needed for getting keys cut?

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

No, it is an emergency way of starting the car without having the plipper.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

So how is a new key coded?

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

commonly by using a special sequence of turning the ign on with the old key while the new one is nearby, in the case of fiat only by buying a programmed key from a dealer

Reply to
MrCheerful