How to change brake diiscs?

Arguably in their car than the one in front...

Reply to
DervMan

Remember to get some brake cleaner and remove the oil off the new discs before fitting them.

Reply to
Conor

And don't forget some copper grease where the pad sits in the caliper, or it'll squeal like a bitch :) Needs to be used on the caliper slide bolts too, to ensure freedom of movement. Hellraiser...........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

No, I see TVs fixed by plumbers all the time.

Nothing.

Reply to
ThePunisher

The message from "ThePunisher" contains these words:

Yeah, well, percussive maintenance works fairly often.

Reply to
Guy King

If it's got external slides, if they're sealed pin slides then you want brake grease, copper grease dries out & jams them up.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Is that copyright or can I use it too?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I only ever clean them and haven't had any problems. Grease can just help dust stick to them. They're stainless steel so don't rust. They come 'dry' on a new car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I wrote a HowTo for changing brake disks/pads on a Hyundai Coupe - for all intents and purposes the procedure will be similar however if nothing else it may give you an idea of what's involved.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Be my guest (I moonlight occasionally...)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

It does, actually. It's one way of identifying poor solder joints.

Reply to
Ar*t

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ThePunisher" saying something like:

What's life without a little risk?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Death.