Key for old(ish) Ford Fiesta

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best way of getting a copy cut? My local independent key-cutting service can't do it - the key in question has got a "bulbious" end. Do I have to go to a Ford dealership to get a copy done?

Thanks for any advice, SM

Reply to
sm

Probably I'm afraid. They may try to sell you a whole batch of locks to replace all the locks in the car because they "can't supply that key anymore sir". At least that's what Citroen did.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

To get a new ford key, you need the key number (starts T with 6 digitd after it ie. Txxxxxx). When the car was new, it would off had a small plastic tag on the keys with the key number. If you don't have any of them, then a ford dealer should be able to get the key number by looking it up on the ford database (they might charge for this, but would only provide the correct key number provided the car has it's locks changed at some point). It is possible to get the number by looking at the key.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Any decent locksmith should be able to cut one.

Reply to
SimonJ