Mondeo RHS Wheel Noise

Hiya,

In a bid to slow the tyre wear on my '97 Mondeo, I've had front and rear wishbone bushes replaced on both sides today.

After I picked it up from the garage and drove it around for a bit, I noticed a 'ticking' noise from the driver's side wheel. The ticking gets faster as speed (not revs) increases.

I also noticed that, when pulling away from standstill and immediately putting on full (or nearly full) right-hand lock, a single 'clonk' or 'crack' is heard. This doesn't happen when turning left.

I'm taking it back to the garage first thing tomorrow and they're closed now so I can't ring them, so I thought I'd see if anyone could suggest what might be causing this and whether I should be expecting another bill tomorrow afternoon...

Chris.

Reply to
Chris M

Chris M wrote

I don't know, but I recently had both lower wishbones replaced rather than just the bushes, in case there was wear at the drive shaft end. I thought that was a wise precaution, BICBW?

Reply to
Gordon

at first I was going to say they have just resealed a cv boot but the clonk sounds like it's terminal in one of the cv joints

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

probably one bolt not fully tight. I assume you had new genuine arms complete, so that rules out balljoint.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful